Silverstein - Aquamarine (Acoustic)



Grab your limited edition 7'' vinyl of the acoustic song here: silverstein.merchnow.com A ring in a box but not your dream, itʼs not a diamond, itʼs aquamarine. Your shocking look of self defeat, so desperate. I think of the place where you fooled me, beside the tarmac, you never came clean. Iʼm driving past the gruesome scene, Iʼll never forget this. I told you I wished that I was dead and my eyes wouldn't open up again. I canʼt believe I wasnʼt joking. Salt and lime I taste, the sickest thoughts I canʼt erase. These images wonʼt stop provoking. You know you could, I wish you would. Fall on your knees and remove the sorrow, return the piece of my heart you borrowed. Things you used to say could take the pain away. But now youʼre gone and weʼre falling faster, forgetting things that we used to master. Games we used to play could take the pain away. You packed your shit and went ahead. My mind and my soul were left for dead. I canʼt believe that you werenʼt joking. Sweat runs down my face, my bloody knuckles marked with stains. My throat is closing up Iʼm choking. Same bed, we take no precautions. Emotions, regrets and revenge. The last step in killing the karma, it makes sense for where weʼve been. The same car, same songs, same motions. We hold hands, relive how we met. But no talk, no reconciliation. This trainʼs already left. Did you think next April youʼd be even further away? Did you keep him faithful? How many nights did you lay awake? And even 6 years later, the dialogue, it stays the same. Youʼre two thousand miles away, betrayers never change. A ring in a box but not from me, itʼs still no diamond, itʼs aquamarine. Youʼll never find your place of peace. Youʼll always regret this.


Comentários