Giver - Every Age Has Its Dragons (Like An Empire)



Europa: Veronika Morgoun Supported by Initiative Musik gGmbH with project funds from the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and Media. Produced by Lewis Johns at The Ranch Production House. Taken from their new album 'Sculpture of Violence' available on LP/CD/DD. Available here: smarturl.it/GIVERSOV Thanks to W12 and everyone else involved. Lyrics: She said "I can't take this no more." Dried her tears, closed the shanty door. Fourteen hour day and a floor to sleep. Sewing machine and a mother to three. I get up, turn and leave the scene. Pull the plug, close the laptop screen. What’s one to do about her living hell? I sigh, put on a Gildan shirt in L. No prosperity is innocent. All wealth has blood on its hands. Those in the shadows you do not see. The bright life is thievery. Cause I - Eat like an empire, wear like an empire, live this down like an empire. Breathe like an empire, move like an empire, Spend every fucking dime I ever earn like an empire. Eat like an empire, wear like an empire, read history like an empire. Breathe like an empire, move like an empire, Spend every fucking dime I ever earn like an empire. The world is a compass. Always heading North. And I love this like the British loved India and the whole hemisphere Latin America and Africa. It resounds. Relationships that wear you down. Cheap nature, compliance, bent power, slow violence. It’s the fire of our time. Every age has its dragons. Eat like an empire, wear like an empire, live this down like an empire. Breathe like an empire, move like an empire, Spend every fucking dime I ever earn like an empire. I am an empire. A walking empire.




Comentários