Protest The Hero | The Canary (Official Video)



PRE-ORDER NOW: http://bit.ly/2OCeDdx NEW ALBUM 'PALIMPSEST' OUT JUNE 19TH 2020 STREAM/DOWNLOAD 'THE CANARY' HERE: linktr.ee/ProtestTheHero _________ ALL MUSIC BY PROTEST THE HERO Rody Walker - Vocals Luke Hoskin - Guitars Tim MacMillar - Guitars Mike Ieradi - Drums Special Guest: Todd Kowalski - Bass Orchestral Arrangement / Production - Milen Petzelt-Sorace PRODUCED BY: Derya Nagle VOCAL PRODUCTION AND ENGINEERING: Anthony Kalabretta DRUM PRODUCTION, ENGINEERING AND EDITING: Dean Hadjichristou ADDITIONAL ENGINEERING AND EDITING: Darren “Jeter” Magierowski & Jill Zimmerman ADDITIONAL PRODUCTION AND MIXING: Simon Grove MASTERING: Ermin Hamidovic ARTWORK: Martin Wittfooth VIDEO EDITING: Wyatt Clough _________ The Canary I was named after my grandmothers in the tradition of my family I was born after my stillborn sister Romantic idealistic lies euphemize as fantasy But the water always bursts first from the blister Iridescent light leads down a path That’s left me miserable at times With my heart in my throat still beating, still beating Amelia, please don’t go Just stay Don’t go Amelia, please don’t go Just stay Don’t go Don’t go I remember the first time that I felt The cool breeze upon my face I didn’t understand it at the time But the calling of adventure and my heart’s increasing pace It was the ticker tape that I could not deny I’ll cut my hair short And I’ll sleep in my jacket so it appears worn Oh, I’m no baggage No willing passenger Those women who came before me Ain’t nothing like me, sir Ain’t nothing like me So this time I’ll do it, I’ll do it on my own This time I’m going out alone So this time I’ll do it, I’ll do it on my own This time I’m going out alone Amelia, please don’t go Just stay Don’t go Amelia, please don’t go Just stay Don’t go I can hear their pleas and cries falling far behind me Succeed or fail, this is who I’m to become 7000 miles of ocean stand between me and my destiny Somewhere beyond it or inside it “Women must pay for everything. They do get more glory than men for comparable [tasks] But they also get more notoriety when they crash.” Women must pay for everything When they crash


Comentários