DROOL third single She Never Cut My Hair released on 8th May



On May 8th 2020 Drool release third single ‘SHE NEVER CUT MY HAIR’
London four-piece Drool are back with their third single ‘She Never Cut My Hair’ (SNCMH).
DROOL burst onto the scene with debut single Fun in January 2019, a track which picked up serious traction on blogs, getting them over 70k monthly listeners on Spotify instantly. Much of that was owed to the music video that gained traction on Reddit, WATCH HERE

She Never Cut My Hair
Is a visceral and infectious song, promoting rock guitar riffs with unashamedly catchy pop melodies. Drool frontman Joey says: “It’s a fun, confident rock and roll track. My favourite records are ones you want to stick on in the car with mates and sing along to.” It’s a short energy fueled song with an explosive chorus, but it also manages to take you to unexpected places within its two minutes twenty-one seconds. 
Inspired by the intimate vocal delivery of Billie Eilish and soaring guitar hooks of The Strokes, they took the track to ex-Tribes guitarist and producer Dan White at his studio in London Fields. “We have had the song in our repertoire for a long time, but in the studio, with Dan, the song found new life”, says Martin.



DROOL BIOGRAPHY (short version)
Drool formed in East London in 2018 around vocalist and writer Joey Rogers who quickly joined with ex Vant drummer Martin Soderin and guitarist Louis Greenway.
Described by one effusive journalist as ‘a palette of pummeling drums beats and discordant guitars’ they deftly mix 50’s surf and 90’s Alt- Rock to create a unique sound they call ‘outsider pop’.
First single Fun garnered plenty of attention along with follow up Junkyard. The band toured Europe in 2019 and have recently supported The Mysterines and The Pale White on UK shows as well as opening for Band of Skulls. The next single She Never Cut My Hair is released on April 17th via Awal.
DROOL BIOGRAPHY (long version)
In 2015 Joey signed a publishing deal with Crowds & Power to start writing songs for other acts. After developing a fountain of songs, his uncle, keyboardist of UK band The Charlatans convinced him to start his own project. 
Through a mutual friend, he met with Martin Söderin, whom a few years earlier moved to London, from Stockholm, to join Vant. After touring with them intensely in 2015 Martin had been searching for a new project to join that he could have more input. 
Consequently, Joey and Martin met up, they quickly bonded over a similar taste in music, both praising Pixies as one of their all-time favourite bands and inspirations. Even more unexpected was their similar interest in bands like Black Sabbath & ‘60s band Love. ‘I met with Joey thinking he was looking for a drummer for an existing band. After agreeing that I was to join I asked: so who else is in the band? At the moment it’s just you and me, he replied’.
Through an online ad, they got in contact with Louis Greenway. He had heard a few demos recorded in Joey’s bedroom but was impressed and was invited to join the band after a half-hour rehearsal.
In April 2018 Drool was joined by bassist Joe Bennison to complete the line-up. After many circuit gigs including a sold-out gig at Paper Dress Vintage and at legendary venue The Riverside in Newcastle opening for Black Grape, they released their first single Fun (January 2019). 
The band recorded a music video directed by Joey’s cousin Nick Jones which gained a lot of attention on Reddit. Fun snowballed into a life of its own and started generating streams on Spotify. The single was followed up by Junkyard (April 2019) and the band went on to support The Pale White, Band of Skulls and The Mysterines as well as headlining their own European Tour, perfecting their live act. 
Due to contractual complications, the band were unable to release further singles until now.
She Never Cut My Hair is the first of three singles produced by Dan White (formerly of Tribes). This release is being put out via Awal. The next single Playground Wars is scheduled to be released 6 weeks after SNCMH. The band has a lot of material in their catalogue and are working hard to release many singles this year. 
Drool are for fans of Wolf Alice, The Strokes and Cigarettes After Sex.


Social media links





NEW VIDEO FOR 'JUNKYARD' OUT NOW : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIAX8... Directed by Nick Jones: http://pictureimperfect.co.uk/ Produced by Joey Rogers Spotify: http://bit.ly/spotifydrool Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/_droolmusic Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/droolband Web: http://www.crowdsandpower.com/artists... Lyrics: Clear away my soul I’m shaking in my boots I'm rock I’m roll I’m terrified of all the pretty things you said to me cus I think that you still want to be fun Tear away the goals your parents set to free the minds, the moulds the miserable ones even if I knew your face was there I would never hesitate to stay fun even if I knew your face was there I would never hesitate to.. LET MY HAIR DOWN x3 Creeping down the fair the rides are looking sweet the clown, the hare Everyone's there all the pretty things you said to me cus I think that you still want to be fun even if I knew your face was there I would never hesitate to.. LET MY HAIR DOWN x3 Crazy babies roar the violence has unleashed the crowds on board They’ve been assured... Of the pretty things you said to me cus I know that you still want to be fun #drool #fun #musicvideo




Comentários