BackWordz- Demon Rat / Addict (Official Album Audios)
BackWordz- Demon Rat (Official Album Audio)
Demon Rat- Track #4 off of BackWordz' debut album, Veracity.
Physical copies & bundles- BackWordz.merchnow.com
Itunes- http://apple.co/2lT77Ok
Amazon- http://amzn.to/2kRM0aM
Google- http://bit.ly/2mQH9YK
LYRICS
You think you know the ones you should be avoiding.
Meanwhile, one of your boys injecting the poison.
You got folks next to you faking galore.
And he giving you money, but you're making him more.
A couple false promises, it's obvious that you ain't getting nothin' out of the deal.
But you back him forreal. And they've been running your cities for about 70 years.
And you keep on supporting 'cause he says what appeals.
You've got to be out your mind.
You're falling for the okie doke and that's every time.
They got a hold on you and it's one of a kind.
What will it take it take to realize that they aren't on your side?
You ignore the truth that's right in front of you.
You still believe what you want to believe.
What's it gonna take for you to realize that
everything is lost and you're to blame.
I used to be under the spell. I was a dummy, could tell.
Now I just know you too well. Now I sit back and look at
the fact that you have never been what you claim to be;
You're a fake that's been snaking me.
So while you guilt trip me to death,
I got you out the picture and I ain't missed a step.
Kind of like you never left, so you been feeding lies,
but my folks still treat you like the god that you're not.
But I'll give you props on that. You got us by the gonads, you're a snake in the grass.
Blindly follow you and I can't be mad. 'Cause that's on us, though that's really sad.
"Social Justice" is what they're calling it now?
It's more like masked racism. I'm calling it out.
Act superior but the empirical evidence shows
that you think every other race is inferior, though.
So let's go ahead and get to the real.
Decipher through all the bull and I'll tell you the deal.
And I don't give a crap how that makes you feel.
Because the one you need to watch is the white liberal.
He's a fox indeed. Showing all of his teeth,
but he's smiling cheek to cheek, when will you see.
Don't look to him to succeed 'cause it ain't what it seems,
and it's him that's pulling the string.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
BackWordz- Addict (Official Album Audio)
Track #12 off of BackWordz' debut album, Veracity which is out now!
BackWordz.merchnow.com
Itunes- http://apple.co/2lT77Ok
Amazon- http://amzn.to/2kRM0aM
Google- http://bit.ly/2mQH9YK
LYRICS
The man that you see before you
may not be the one that you knew.
Freed from the weight of his youth,
should worry if I chose to stay confused
Take it from me,
change is on the move and it ain't free.
You take whatever life gives
and hit the streets.
Take it from me,
may not desire everything I see.
Impossible to predict to a T,
my expectations change
from week to week.
The man that you see before you,
free from his old world views,
embraced change and let it renew
even when he couldn't face the truth.
I'm working on it,
I've been bad, I've been wrong.
I've been a freakin' addict,
not to drugs, but to the wrong habits.
I've talked about it,
I've been lost, I've been gone.
No more trust, it's too long
since I loved, or been home.
I try.
We try.
Comentários
Postar um comentário