Dream Theater - The Necromancer (Rush Cover) - Jones Beach NY - July 11th 2003



Through all my years in Dream Theater, as the Setlist writer in the band I would always throw in occasional one-off Rush Covers into the setlists... It was a tradition every time we played in Toronto as I threw in “Jacobs Ladder”, “A Passage to Bangkok” and “The Camera Eye” throughout the years at our Toronto shows. We also covered “Different Strings”, “Tears”, "2112: Grand Finale" and excerpts of “Working Man”, “By Tor and The Snow Dog”, “The Analog Kid” and “La Villa Strangiato” through the years as well... But there was one evening in the summer of 2003 when we were playing at the Jones Beach Amphitheater in New York, that I decided to throw in a real deep Rush gemstone to the completely unsuspecting audience...and later that Christmas, I posted a video from my archives to share it with everybody as a Holiday gift. I think with Neil’s passing it seems like a timely time to re-share this DT rarity from my archives as a tribute to our biggest influences and our fallen hero...here is DT’s 2003 rendition of Rush’s 1975 classic deep cut: The Necromancer




Comentários

Postar um comentário