The Impersonators - Cloud Nine [Official Music Video]



This was the hardest music video to make so far. So many good ideas had already been used and I really enjoyed the one we made for “Circus,” which meant the bar was set high. As a result, it took a long while before an idea (which everybody involved fancied) came about. However, it finally did. As the song was inspired by a therapy session, I figured that this is what the music video should be about as well: psychotherapy. Only instead of the focus being on the patient, we decided to make the video about the psychiatrist, someone who is strained by dealing with his patients’ issues, locked inside his mind, struggling with his many troubled and twisted egos, attempting to pull himself together while between sessions. Once again, the core of the script was mainly the brainchild of my wife Elina Suominen, but this time we turned to Tuomas Palola for help to complete our ideas and also to film and edit the final product. I knew Tuomas from the times of Carmen Gray (he made music videos for “Gates Of Loneliness” and “Fall In Love”) and was very happy that he wanted to jump on board this project. Shooting the music video was a lot of fun. I enjoyed hanging out with Tuomas and obviously, the Falkman Atelier, in which the therapy-session clips were filmed is a spectacular room. My favorite memory of making the video is when we were shooting the clips where I play and sing. Tuomas wanted me to try to sing and play to this incredibly sped-up version of the song (it had something to do with slowing the clip down for the final edit) but the bloody thing was so fast that there was no way I could lip-sync with it. What happened was that every time I tried to sing lines such as “daytime turns to grayest evening shade” I broke out in laughter. It wasn’t happening. LOL.










Al Geiner
Arglwydd (Lord) Gwyddelwern 
Lord MacKenzie of Kintail/Earl Seaforth
Morair (Lord) Fleming 
Baron Otter 
Baron Balfour of Glenawley
Baron Slane 
AL GEINER PR~Creative  Concepts (Since 1992)
Columbus, London (UK), NYC, LA,  & the World 

I_PR_THINGS Twitter 


Comentários