Coast To Coast Declare ‘The World Doesn’t Work’: Birmingham Pop Rockers Announce New EP & Share Video For ‘Be Kind’



Itunes - https://goo.gl/qpWeSW CD/12" - https://goo.gl/wW2Wdh Pop punk playlist on spotify - https://goo.gl/42AnJb emo playlist on spotify - https://goo.gl/1cqZnw Fox - @foxrecordings Coast To Coast - @thisisc2c You and I, You and I. I’m not one to talk usually, But In your presence I could speak forever, With your eyes locked to my lips, Like I’m the only person on the earth with something worth listening to. You and I, We’re made up of the same things, The fear we feel is chemical, Be kind not miserable, A simple lesson that you’re taught, I was meant to be happy if I was meant to be with you. Trouble me, Halve your problems on my back,Fall onto me,This fragile bed could barely hold the both of us, But I swear to god that it creaks loudest when I’m on my own. You and I, We’re made up of the same things, The fear we feel is chemical, Be kind not miserable, A simple lesson that you’re taught, I was meant to be happy if I was meant to be with you, Meant to be with you. When you burn I scold too, When you snapped I fell through, I know sometimes I hold grudges longer than I hold your hand.My nervous frame you picked apart only had compliments, I crave the warmth of your body and the comfort of your sound.Be kind not miserable, Be Kind, Be Kind (The Comfort of your sound) Be kind not miserable




Coast To Coast Declare ‘The World Doesn’t Work’:

Birmingham Pop Rockers Announce New EP &

Share Video For ‘Be Kind’



20th August 2018: West Midlands crew Coast To Coast are pleased to reveal details of their forthcoming third EP. ‘The World Doesn’t Work’ will see the light of day on 26thOctober via Fox Records. Available to pre-order now, you can secure it digitally (here) and physically (here), including on CD and two limited edition vinyl colourways. Vocalist Keiran Hyland sets the scene: “The title refers to how negative experiences can affect you and your loved ones. Tracks like ‘The Sun is Dim’ and ‘Good & Grim’ relate to my personal outlook on life and the world, one which can sometimes seem negative and pessimistic. The EP title is a lyric from the track ‘Boxing’ and refers to a time when I felt very low and isolated, with a warped view of the world. I think that lyric, in particular, summed up the whole feel of the EP.” Meanwhile, lead guitarist Alex Edge says of the beautifully rendered artwork: “Artist Brandi Strickland manages to perfectly convey a sense of being overwhelmed, with how busy and chaotic the piece is, which I think it really fits in with the themes of the EP. We fell in love as soon as we saw it.” In tandem with enlightening us of ‘The World Doesn’t Work’, the quintet has released lead video single ‘Be Kind’ here. Portraying an array of characters who appear to be disconnected from their surroundings, Keiran explains: “It is a song about how another person can change your perspective on things, allowing you to see the world differently.”   
 
Completed by Josh Taylor on Rhythm Guitar, Zak Taylor on Bass and Jake Oseland on Drums, Coast To Coast released their debut ‘Dwell’ in 2016. Following the addition of Zak and Jake later that year, the band consider that that is when Coast To Coast really came into existence. 2017 sophomore EP ‘The Length Of A Smile’ saw the pop-rockers sonically getting into their stride, then solidifying their ambition of “always looking forward to trying out new things musically and playing our hearts out on tour.” Josh exclaims: “We’ve grown with our music tastes. When we did Dwell we were all pretty young and listened to many of the same bands. As we’ve gotten older our tastes have matured, we all listen to a lot of different bands now, so our music feels like more of a mix and something new.”
 
Sticking with their tried and true formula of recording with trusted producer Ian Sadler at Emeline Studios and mastering put in the capable hands of Grant Berry at Fader, the band took their demos and knocked them into shape, declaring: “This is the strongest stuff we have made. We’ve transitioned well into a more mature sound and found our own style within that.” Revealing that much of the lyrical content is drawn from his relationship with his Father, including using genuine comments he has made, Keiran also shares a surprising source of influence: “I wanted to write more subjective lyrics as I’ve always admired bands such as Oasis who are able to write them in a way which means they are interpreted differently depending on who is listening.” The result is a smart, impassioned and incisive 6 tracks of swaggering English rock, in the vein of Lower Than Atlantis, Fatherson, and Deaf Havana. The band conclude: “Whilst our last record saw us finding our feet, ‘The World Doesn’t Work’ is that sound but more refined and polished.”
 
Coast To Coast Release ‘The World Doesn’t Work’ Via Fox Records On 26/10/18. Pre-Orders:

-Physical (CD & Ltd. Edition Vinyl): http://foxrecords.limitedrun.com/ 

Watch New Video Single ‘Be Kind’: https://youtu.be/8dGYUlN_UEQ 

Coast To Coast ‘The World Doesn’t Work’ Tour Dates: 22nd October - The Old England, Bristol | 23rd October - Sound Basement, Liverpool | 24th October - Satans Hollow, Manchester | 25th October - Key Club, Leeds | 26th October - Atomic, Wrexham | 27th October - Asylum 2, Birmingham | 28th October - The Old Blue Last, London



More from Coast To Coast: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram  | Spotify



Forthcoming Release:
Coast To Coast - 'The World Doesn't Work’ (EP)

Released Via Fox Records on 26/10/18



-Inception: | Official | Facebook | Twitter -

Comentários