Meat Train - Block 11



Taken from the forthcoming Meat Train album Random Acts Of Carnage released 29/09/17 through Contagion records. www.meat-train.co.uk www.facebook.com/pg/meattrainband www.contagionrecords.com/ www.facebook.com/contagionrecordsuk www.imperativepr.co.uk www.facebook.com/imperativepr A few words from frontman Mike on the writing of the song: "I wrote Block 11 after visiting one of the most awful places on earth. Why did I go there? Okay. My father lost his father as a consequence of that war fighting against a regime that was so disgusting and evil I felt I owed something to all those who were murdered. I took my father there too. I have never been to a place so dark and chilling in my life and I whilst I have visited the killing fields of Cambodia I never want to go to another place where millions of innocent people were murdered. These places are however an important part of history and will serve as reminders of the evil in the world and the importance that we must never let them happen again. It touched me so deeply I walked around it and tears fell freely. I can't say I felt the pain and torture that so many innocent people were subjected too. That would be a great disrespect to them. What I can say is I felt so much anger that it happened. I never want that to ever happen again, whether it be to one person or a million. The only way I thought I could share my anger was to write about it. To put it out into the world again, from someone of my generation in the hope that many people would never forget that truly awful and murderous regime that was founded on hate. But most importantly that people would never allow that to happen again. It's not meant to glorify but to be a reminder that we as a race, the human race NEVER allow anything like that to EVER HAPPEN AGAIN."


Comentários