Black Death - Nothing Gained



"Nothing Gained", from the album "The Beginning of the End" by South African band, Black Death. Lyrics : I see a light Dim and far As your ghost haunts the dark Pulling me To my grave Where I writhe in dismay Pain and grief Made me blind The light has gone away Far from me Your delight Haunting yesterdays What will come when the night sets in? When all hope has faded from suffering sin When life's died and nothing's to gain Will we walk as corpses still fighting the pain Step by step And day by day We can't seem to get away From our disease Our own decay Nothing ventured, nothing gained I see the man I used to be Bound by reverie Pushing out Through my mind But hope I couldn't find Death and tears Swallowed all Washing the slate clean Now we're gone Nevermore And all that could have been


Comentários